BCSC Bullying Policy
Bullying is prohibited by Brownsburg Community School Corporation. Students who commit any acts of bullying are subject to discipline including but not limited to suspension, expulsion, arrest, and/or prosecution.
What is Bullying?
- Bullying is repeated.
- There is an imbalance of power-you are afraid.
- Bullying is intentional-they do it just to be mean.
School Rules Against Bullying
- We will not bully others.
- We help students who are bullied.
- We will include students who are easily left out.
- When we know somebody is being bullied, we will tell an adult at school and an adult at home.
We also discussed what it means to be an upstander instead of a bystander. It is important to respond and do something if bullying is happening. Students can:
- Stand up to the bully.
- Stand next to the person who is being bullied.
- Ask the student to come play if you see them being bullied.
- TELL AN ADULT!
Read the entire BCSC policy on Bullying from the BCSC Student Handbook.